Angel City Audio Trinity L/R & Center Loudspeaker Review
By Ken Stein —
- Product Name: Trinity L/R & Center Loudspeakers
- Manufacturer: Angel City Audio
- Performance Rating:
- Value Rating:
- Review Date: February 25, 2013 22:10
- MSRP: $ 2599/pr for L/R and $999 for Center
- Tweeter VIFA XT Concentric Ring Radiator
- Woofers Custom 7"
- Crossover Point to Point Wiring
- Crossover Frequency 2.2kHz
- Frequency Response 45Hz-37kHz (Trinity-C) ; 37Hz-37kHz (Trinity-L/R)
- Nominal Impedance 4 Ohms
- Sensitivity 90db
- Dimensions Trinity-C - (WxHxD) 9"x24"x12"; Trinity-L/R - (WxHxD) 9"x24"x16"
- Net Weight Trinity-C - 44lbs; Trinity-L/R - 50lbs each
- Beautiful finish and cabinet blends nicely into room decor
- Clean & detailed sound
- Good in multiple environments
- Compressed sound at high listening levels
The first thing I noticed about the Angel City Audio Trinity L/R & Center loudspeaker system was the first-rate piano black finish. It was smooth and glossy with no imperfections. The Trinity L/R speakers sounded really sweet when I first heard them at the Audioholics GTG event and continued to do so once I got them into my audio room. I found that the cabinets were built extremely well and their measurements showed them also to be well-designed speakers. Although these speakers are not perfect and of course none are, I would definitely recommend them for a smaller room with some room treatment on the side walls. The three (LCR) speakers worked very nicely together which gave for an enjoyable movie and music experience.
woofersus posts on February 26, 2013 20:29
Thanks for the review guys!
panteragstk posts on February 26, 2013 08:20
I really need to go to one of these GTG's. ...someday
BoredSysAdmin posts on February 26, 2013 08:04
I recall from GTG that we (me and wifey) were much more impressed by sound of EMP system than AC speakers ...