Logitech Harmony One Remote Control Review
- Product Name: Harmony One Universal Remote
- Manufacturer: Logitech
- Performance Rating:
- Value Rating:
- Review Date: September 21, 2008 22:40
- MSRP: $ 249.99
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista (PC); Mac OS X 10.3 or later (Mac)
- USB port
- CD-ROM drive
- Internet access
- Harmony One remote control
- Charging station
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Lithium-ion battery
- Installation CD
- Installation guide
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
- Beautiful look and feel
- Nice, tactile button response
- Rechargeable with replaceable Li-ion battery
- Finicky touch screen
- Programming interface has received only cosmetic updates since inception
- No RF features or options
- Almost no icon choices for LCD screens
Recently I came to know that there is a website named AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will watch items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.It got so awesome!
Good luck everybody!
Cheaper and better. Both.
Last I saw, the RF-20 + blaster combo was $75. This is RF, and I predict that I will never go back to IR-only.
My audioholics review [forums.audioholics.com]
You definitely need to look down at the remote to make sure you hit the correct touch screen button, so for a future model, I would love for there to be some sort of physical indicator - such as a very slight ridge between each of the buttons. Just enough to give a physical indication of where each button lies on the touch screen.
This has to be the part I hated the most about my Harmony.
I do not want to look at the remote, I want to look at the screen. I can pick up any of my other remotes and simply by touch do all the basic commands I use most often. But not the Harmony, I was always having to look at it and make sure it was in the right "activity", make sure I was hitting the right "button". I think I spent more time looking at that damn remote in an evening then I spent looking at my TV