Cineak Luxury Edition Fortuny Home Theater Seats Preview
- Product Name: Luxury Edition Fortuny Home Theater Seats
- Manufacturer: Cineak
- Review Date: September 07, 2011 19:30
- First Impression: Pretty Cool
- seating height: 43cm - 16.9”
- seating depth: 50cm - 19.7”
- backrest height from seat: 80cm - 31.5”
- seating height: 43cm - 16.9”
Cineak manufactures some of the most high end, beautiful custom-designed home theater seating we've yet seen. We've seen them at several industry events and their home theater, lounge, and modular sofa seating is beyond comfortable. Beyond that, they work features into their products that makes them both comfortable AND usable. This week the company introduced the "Luxury Edition" of their Fortuny theater chair. The Luxury Edition gives custom installers and consumers the ability to select from even more exotic and unique materials, stitching, and finishes. The Fortuny model is one of the company's best-selling theater chairs and focuses on blending comfort, elaborate presence and quality craftsmanship. The chair was designed by the Mitra Theaters team as a seating solution for their exclusive high-end home theater projects.
The materials and finishes used in the Fortuny line of chairs are what give the chair its special look and character. For example, the upholstery is made from only the highest quality leathers (like Boxmark Imperial & Classic Country, Stolz Select & Servo) combined with Alcantara - a unique and innovative covering material used by several high end European car manufacturers. Taking "match leather" a step further, the Alcantara material is used for the middle portion of the backrest and seat as well as the inside of the armrests.
Speaking of armrests, Cineak uses rare wood veneers that are finished with a high-gloss urethane. The veneers include custom-made Tiger Eye, Mapa or Walnut Burl - or the company can apply a high gloss piano-black high-gloss finish. The current recliner and incliner versions of the Fortuny chairs will be available in a Luxury Edition version shortly.
Take a look at the standard features available on all Fortuny chairs (including the Luxury Edition models:
- Dual motorized, independent control of the footrest and backrest
- Fully articulating headrest (adjust the headrest for viewing conditions and proper head and neck support)
- Steel-frame with German-engineered motors and drivers
- Integrated push-button control
- Hand-cut foam cushioning with ergonomic lumbar support
The following options and customizations are also available (on all models of Fortuny theater chairs):
- Contact-closure control of motor systems
- DBOX Motion (incliner version only)
- Crowson Motion integrated tactile effect systems
- Battery powered operation of motor systems
- Embroidery of logos, names, etc.
- Custom seating dimensions
- Electronic lumbar support (2- or 4-way)
- Custom cupholder colors
- Inlay table
- Swivel table and custom control panel swivel base
- Perforated leather
These are some beautiful chairs and we're excited to get a sneak peek of them at CEDIA this year. This post will be updated with pics from the show floor.