Cables To Go Enhances RapidRun Modular Cabling System
- Product Name: RapidRun
- Manufacturer: Cables To Go
- Review Date: January 08, 2008 12:43
- First Impression: Pretty Cool
The RapidRun system supports multiple signals over a single cable. In order to upgrade or change equipment, users only need to change the cable terminal, known as the break-away flying lead or break-away wall plate. For example, switching from composite video to high-definition component video would typically require a new cable to be run, but RapidRun only requires a new break-away on the end of the cable. It saves installation time, accommodates last minute changes, reduces the likelihood of faulty terminations and evolves with different system needs.
New additions to the system include:
- 75- and 100-foot RapidRun Digital Runner cables for high definition video and active receivers to maintain signal quality across greater distances.
- Digital flying-lead terminations with integrated extenders for runs up to 65 feet, for installations where a wall plate extender is not desirable.
- Aluminum wall plates with multiple signal connections in a single box, including connectors for composite video, audio, PC video, S-Video and keystone ports for cable and network connections. The design and connectivity options specifically meet the needs of schools and other institutional applications.
RapidRun comes with a variety of connectors for computer, audio/video and high-definition signals. A single cable runs to the box, and it takes just a few seconds to attach the appropriate flying lead or wall plate. It is also much easier to pull a cable behind a wall with a pull cap than to pull a cable with a VGA or HDMI plug on the end. The system provides customers with reliability, ease of installation, flexibility, versatility and value. For more information about Cables To Go please visit www.cablestogo.com.