Onix Melody SP3 Tube Integrated Amplifier Review
- Product Name: Melody SP3 Tube Integrated Amplifier
- Manufacturer: Onix
- Distributor: AV123
- Performance Rating:
- Value Rating:
- Review Date: April 29, 2006 20:00
- MSRP: $ 999
Power Output (8ohms): 38 watts per channel
Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz
Total Harmonic Distortion (at rated output): 1%
Amplifier Topology: Class AB
S/N Ratio: > 90 dB
Input Sensitivity: 380 mV
Input Impedance: 250 k Ohms
Amplifier Power: 4 or 8 Ohms
Dimensions (HxWxD): 8.1”x11.9”x13.25”
Weight: 56 lbs
- Smooth treble and warm midrange.
- Good bass output for power rating.
- Solid build quality, heavy.
- At maximum output, sound is still tolerable.
- All of the sonic advantages of tubes.
- Bass is not as tightly controlled as with comparable solid-state gear.
- Roll off in the upper treble.
- Low wattage limits maximum output.
- All of the sonic shortcomings of tubes.