Velodyne 1812 Signature Edition Sub
Seeing (and hearing) is believing. I actually had no idea how large this subwoofer was until Gene, Patrick and I found ourselves standing next to it while talking to Curt Chrisholm of Velodyne Acoustics. The Digital Drive 1812 is Velodyne's flagship subwoofer, coming in at an UMRP of around $15,000 and featuring Velodyne's Room Management Technology - "Digital Drive". This sub features:
- Two 1250Watt RMS ERA digital amplifiers
- 18" and 12" custom-designed drivers
- The speaker is a 2-way, biamplified system where the smaller 12" woofer is used to reproduce the upper bass frequencies and the larger 18" takes care of the rest.
- Less than 0.5% distortion with the High Gain Servo system
- 15-120Hz +/- 3dB
- Weight 385 lbs
- Size: 40" x 25.5" x 18.5"
The sub was set up with a looping sweep that could be heard and felt as you walked by the unit. The Digital Drive system is an excellent feature for those conscious of the need for much room correction options in equipment. It comes complete with the microphone and an on-screen GUI for adjusting and correcting for room modes that would otherwise detract from the desired optimal performance of the system.