Optoma H79 DLP Projector with DarkChip3
Optoma Technology, Inc. announced the availability of its next-generation, high performance digital projector for home theater enthusiasts. With an MSRP of $9,999, Optoma's H79 delivers stunningly clear digital video, rivaling the cinematic experience in today's movie theaters. The projector is available today through Optoma's network of CEDIA Channel Resellers.
With an incredible, high contrast ratio of 4500:1, native 720p resolution and a bright 1000 lumens rating, the H79 delivers one of the industry's finest HDTV images to date. The new projector features Texas Instruments' advanced DarkChip3(tm) and DLP(tm) technology, which projects higher brightness and deeper black levels by "filling in" the area where the digital micro mirror connects to its hinge - producing smooth, film-like picture quality. Key H79 optical components are crafted by Optoma's experienced engineers to achieve the highest display quality possible. In addition, the gap between the mirrors has been further reduced and the backing to the mirrors has become more light absorbent.
The H79 offers a proprietary 5x, 8-segment DVE (Dark Video Enhancement) color wheel technology with additional dark segments for near dither-free deep levels of black. These key fine adjustments further enhance the experience of the viewer, offering a wider and smoother color palette as well as providing an incredibly rich brightness to win over even the most discerning of home theater aficionados. The Optoma H79 Home Theater Projector also employs some of the most revolutionary engineering on the market, as evident in its Shield Design casing. This advanced, innovative casing prevents unwanted light emissions while enabling near silent operation at only 23dB.
Optoma backs up the extraordinary performance of the H79 Home Theater projector with a two-year warranty and a Zero Dead Pixel policy. This policy allows consumers to return the H79 for free repair in the unlikely event that any one of its 921,600 pixels stops working properly.
"The H79 home theater projector surpasses the quality of some of the best analog and high-end digital projectors on the market, providing the most vivid, clear, and immersive digital video experience possible for the price," said Wing Chung, Product Engineering Manager of Optoma.
Leading-edge features like Power Zoom and Power Focus perfectly size and position the image on the screen by remote control eliminating the need for cumbersome manual screen positioning.
The H79 also includes a full portfolio of advancements in the home theater arena, including a 100%-offset vertical lens shift that enables easy installation without compromising image quality. This convenient feature provides space to move the lens itself left and right or up and down within the projector housing allowing greater flexibility for placement of a projector in a room.
- Display Technology: Single 0.79 12-degree DarkChip3 DLP technology by Texas Instruments
- Brightness (typical): 1,000 lumens
- Resolution: 720p (1,280 x 720) native UXGA (1,600 x 1,200) compressed
- Contrast Ratio: 4,500:1
- Noise Level (typical): 23dB standard
- Lamp Life (typical): 3,000 hours
- Image Size (diagonal): 21 to 282 inches (0.5 to 7.2 meters)
- Projection Distance: 3.3 to 32.8 feet (1.0 to 10 meters)
- Computer Compatibility: UXGA, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA compression, VESA standards, PC & compatibles, Macintosh
- Video Compatibility: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDTV (720p, 1080i), EDTV (480p), SDTV (480i), 576i/p
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native, 4:3 & 5:4 compatible
- Projection Lens: f = 28.03 - 38.2mm, F/2.4-1.35x power zoom and focus with manual lens shift
- Throw Ratio: 1.6:1 to 2.16:1 (distance/width)
- Horizontal Scan Rate: 15 to 100 kHz
- Vertical Refresh Rate: 43 to 85Hz
- I/O Connectors: DVI-I with HDCP, BNC (RBGHV/component video), component video, composite video (RCA), S-Video, two IR receivers, dual +12V trigger relays, RS-232 communication, AC power unit
About Optoma Technology, Inc.
Optoma Technology, Inc. is an award-winning developer of projection and digital display products for business and home. The company manufactures multimedia projectors for mobile users, fixed installations and home theaters, HDTVs and plasma displays. Optoma products combine superior image processing technologies with exceptional engineering and innovation to deliver images that are bright, crystal clear, and finely tuned for tone and color. Optoma's award-winning products are sold through the company's global network of pro AV dealers, major consumer electronics retailers, and Internet resellers. Optoma's worldwide headquarters is located in Milpitas, California. For more information about Optoma please call 888-942-2929 or visit http://www.optoma.com/ .